Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Louis - First Post, Overview

This project started, as many tragic tales have, with a friendly discussion in the hallowed halls of Avondale Alternative Secondary School. I was sitting in the study hall with Rebecca and two other Avondalians who I can only imagine would wish to stay anonymous and we were chatting about all the relationship drama in our school. (Because really, a school with 90 students has lots of drama.) As we came to the conclusion that there had not been a single couple in the school that had not been well-matched, one of us, I'm not certain who, suggested Rebecca and I start a fake relationship.
Now, before I regale you with the rest of this tale of intrigue, I should first preface it with the my background with Rebecca. We met at the beginning of our first respective years at Avondale, I was in grade 10, and she was in grade 9. We soon became close friends are to this date, despite our many differences. Rebecca is very liberal and "organic"; she grows a lot of the plants that she uses for tea and seasonings, while I could be described as very... "mechanic"? Amongst other things, I have Asperger Syndrome, and so I am very methodical and logical in my thought processes, but, more importantly, I hate touching people. Hate it. Guh. I could get over someone making pointless small talk, or arbitrarily transforming nouns into verbs, but physical contact is the single biggest cause of discomfort in my life. Rebecca, on the other hand, would - and likely has - hug a total stranger. There's more stuff too, but typing about hugging strangers is weirding me out so I'll move on.
Back to the suggested deception, Rebecca thought it would be a hoot. I was hesitant at first, but simultaneously intrigued at what we might discover. We agreed then, on that Friday, about two weeks ago, over cold grilled cheese sandwiches, that Rebecca and I were now officially dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment