Me: Hey,
We still on for Sunday? :-D
-L
Rebecca:
You know we're on for Sunday! Wouldn't miss it for the world! Luv ya lots! (Yes, I switched to MSN speak because it's cute. ^^)
Rebecca
This, on top of our afornmentioned changing of our status, should give people the message. Oh! And I too had my first encounter with people and their speculation. It went something like this:
[Interior, library. LOUIS is working at computer ACCOMPLICE is working nearby, as our two girls, whispering]
GIRL #1: Louis, why did you change your Facebook status?
[LOUIS and ACCOMPLICE give each other glance.]
LOUIS: What do you mean?
GIRL #2: Your relationship status...
LOUIS: Yeah, Rebecca and I are dating.
GIRL #1: Really?
LOUIS: Yeah...
ACCOMPLICE: Yeah, didn't you guys know?
GIRL #2: Oh. Cool.
[GIRLS exit stage left, whispering.]
I should explain. You see, in my year and 2/3 at Avondale I'm afraid I've earned a bit of a reputation as being, well, dishonest. Not that I steal or anything, but I do love the look on someone's face when I tell them the English teacher's been fired when they ask where she is. This made me realize: what would have happened if my accomplice hadn't been there? Would they have believed me? Did they believe me? Some people, like the teacher Rebecca mentioned, think we're a match made in heaven - we do, after all, have some similar interests. On the other hand, everyone knows we've been platonic since day when. Just how will we convince them?
No comments:
Post a Comment